Tuesday 23 April 2013

23rd April 2013 - Bark at the Moon

Okay, this might sound mad but let's go with it anyway.  You apparently should sow certain things on certain phases of the moon.  Sounds mad but there's a lot of research says it's true.   I've seen in the past it mention the same thing for fishing.  I think it's called a solunar calendar.  Anyway, when I planted the Enorma running bean seeds last night (22nd April 2012) it was a waxxing gibbous phase which apparently is a good time  to sow vegetables that produce internal seed bearing fruits. Tomatoes, beans, peas, peppers, chillis, pumpkins, courgettes.   So have put 10 runner bean seads into pots with the theory that a couple won't germinate.  I need eight for two squares in my cunning plan.

http://www.the-gardeners-calendar.co.uk/moon_planting.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment